We have comprised a list of six budget friendly ideas to brighten up your kitchen.
- Makeover your kitchen with paint. The walls, cabinets, and floors can all be painted to change the look and feeling of your kitchen.
- Reface kitchen cabinet doors. The cabinets can be painted or you can resurface them to give texture or replace with glass.
- Update countertops. A low-cost alternative is laminate. Wilsonart and Formica brand laminate can give the same look of granite or marble at a lower cost. It’s available in a wide variety of colors, textures, and patterns. Ceramic tile is another affordable option for countertops, with a range of colors and finishes available.
- Replacing cabinet hardware. A simple change in handles can give it a new look. Some knobs and handles can be very pricy keep in mind your budget.
- Replacing cabinets with open shelving. If you like the open look, you can remove your cabinet doors and create an open shelving look.
- Refresh the flooring. Replacing your floor all together is one alternative. However, if you have wood floors consider painting or resurfacing. Vinyl tile is another flooring alternative