LED Lighting is energy efficient, durable, long lasting and very versatile. Switching to LEDs can help lower your utility bills and withstand any hard and rough conditions.
What does LED stand for?
LED stands for "light-emitting diode." A diode is an electrical element with two terminals which conduct the electricity only in one direction. Previously diodes were used in many technologies such as televisions, radios and computers.
According to LEDLuxour, there are 10 benefits of using LED Lighting.
- Long Life - the operational life time expectation is up to 11 years of continuous operation
- Energy Efficiency - LEDs help to lower your utility bills
- Ecologically Friendly - LEDs contain no toxic materials and are 100% recyclable
- Durable Quality - LED lights are resistant to shock, vibrations and external impacts therefore making them a great option for outdoor lighting
- Zero UV Emissions
- Designs Flexibility - LEDs can easily be formed to fit any shape
- Operational in Extremely Cold or Hot Temperatures
- Light Dispersement
- Instant Lighting and Frequent Switching
- Low-Voltage - LEDs power source requires low voltage to operate
LEDs are the most efficient lights available on the market. For more information on LEDs check out EnergyStar.gov.