Here are five ways you can save energy and money starting today.
1. For those of us that have dishwashers in Hawaii, don’t rinse your dishes before you place them in the dishwasher. Simply wipe the excess food from the dishes. Pre-washing your dishing can easily waste a lot of water. If the dishes have been burned or stuff is dried on it, then it may need soaking or prewashing. Only run your dishwasher when they are full.
2. Keep your refrigerator coils clean. Every so often clean behind your fridge and underneath. This will help to keep the fridge from over working itself.
2. Reset the temperature of your air conditioner. Whether you have a central ac or a window ac, setting it at a comfortable temperature.
3. Most water heaters have adjustable thermostats. Turn your thermostat between 95 degrees ferinheight and 120 degrees ferinheight, depending on the amount of people in your household.
4. Take shorter showers. Just by shortening your shower time by three minutes can cut your water usage.
5. Switch your lighten to energy-efficient. This is one of the fastest ways to cut your utility bill.